Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hunting Camp

Wow, it's been a while since I last posted.  Things have been really, really crazy!

We just returned from a week at Summer Lake.  The guys went hunting, I stayed in camp and got caught up on reading.  I had coyotes behind camp one morning yipping and yapping.  It was pretty eerie and made the hair on the back of my neck stand up! 

We camp in a huge meadow set way back from the main road.  It is ringed with Aspen trees and Ponderosa Pine.  At one end of the meadow is a wooden corral that protects a small spring that feeds into a water trough for the free range cattle that meander through.  I had a small herd of eight come through one evening.  I always thought that cows were noisy but these guys proved to be rather stealthy having sneaked in while I was reading.  After we eyeballed each other for a bit and they mooed while I shooed they finally wandered off along a cow trail that followed along the edge of camp.


Meadow & Corral

The aspen trees started out green but quickly changed to golden yellow and striking orange during the time we were there.  The sound of the wind rushing through makes them sound as if they are waterfalls.   Many of the Aspen's were carved with the names and dates of previous camp occupants.  I've heard that the Basque sheep herders from centuries past used to carve their names into the trees to let others know they had been there.  Of course I can't vouch for the authenticity of the dates on these trees but some were from the early 1900's.  I'll get pictures next year when we go back. 

I have always said that I will not text, that my cell phone does everything that I need it to do.  Guess who finally broke down and has to eat her words?  I did it, I bought a smart phone and I have been texting!

I decided that a smart phone was a good idea because I could carry my portfolio around with me electronically.  I can also access my website and other sites to use as a marketing tool and for inspiration.  And texting?  It is so much easier to get a hold of the boys to find out where they are, are they going to be home for dinner?  I'm really proud of myself for moving into the next century! 

I will have Y posted in the A-Z gallery soon so please check back soon!  Thank you to all of you who read regularly and who keep providing feedback.  I do appreciate your comments and suggestions!

~Tammie